1. What’s going on? Please introduce yourself and tell us where you’re from.
RHOC (Bigrhoc2u) … Derived from the District of Columbia
2. What was your inspiration to become a music artist?
I’ve always loved music. My moms use to make my sister and I write everything down and we had to write her letters whenever we were out of order…
But, the real inspiration, rather journey and my decision to write arose when I graduated from high school and landed in Michigan, for College.
Various situations and tribulations transpired; Your boi was miles away from home, and no longer had Dukes around to give me that pep talk or embrace that seemed to reassure shit was going to be good. That’s when I started putting that ink on paper, meshing my thoughts and emotions and expressing them, which became an outlet to escape my fears… One day in the cafeteria my boy told me about someone who had a set-up in their dorm (1 mic, a closet, a laptop, a beat, and me). Here I am, sitting with you almost two years later.
3. With so many independent artists out here what makes you different & sets you apart?
Ummm… What makes me different:
I’m coach-able, not a liability to one investing in me, eager but patient, willing to learn, and I listen…
Outside of that, we all are similar to a degree… We here to chase a bag!
Some are more fortunate than others, some work ethics vary but, while by default my genre is Rap… I am an Artist!
I’m trying to accomplish it All… EDM producers, get wit me!
4. For those who may not have heard your music, how would you describe it?
Music with Content… LOL Shit the old heads can relate and ride too, and females
5. Currently, what single are you pushing & where can we find it?
My current Single is called, “iMeantRay.”
You can download it at Spinrilla, listen and follow me on Soundcloud, and view the video on YouTube…
6. When you step in the studio, what are some things you must have on deck?
Some damn water! (Lls) A good engineer w/critical feedback and a good ear, and a beat with that shit to it…UFeelMe
S/O to those that put it in the air! Ion smoke. I’ll have a drink on occasion but, not a drinker. I pass on the pills. I have doubled and dirtied my cup before but, no must have.
7. Describe yourself in 3 words?
A Man, Son, Brother
8. What’s your definition of Grind?
Getting up, Never giving up, Stay Focused, and Stay Prayed Up
9. Tell everyone where they can find you? [Websites, Social media, Booking info etc]
IG & Twitter b.i.g.r.h.o.c.2.u.
Snapchat: Big Rhoc
Facebook: Big RhocTo You
10. Any Shout Outs?
Of course My Creator
– Ma Dukes
– Baby Sis
– The Mix Guru – Mattazix – Stroud (GrandHustle) – Fort Knox
– IBNX Radio
– Sadaam (InkWell)
– Cassius J
– Joe Moore
– My College Bros (Millie/AP/Tate/O/Walt)
– Lil Bone & Keef
– Tampa Mystic… she’s supported since Day 1
– and yes, Nick Love (DJ Coallition), for listening to my music, inviting me to Street Execs, and put me in a Listening Session called New Music Mondays…